Plan to Protect Students:
Share information with parents about safe use of technology.
• Ask parents to install specific RESTRICTIONS on devices.
• Provide digital citizenship training for students.
• Set clear expectations for appropriate student use. Clearly state and enforce consequences.
• Use Apple Classroom to remotely monitor device screens in the classroom.
• Restrict areas of usage to supervised classrooms.
A focus of this iPad initiative is digital citizenship, which is the responsible use of technology. Your child will learn digital skills, ethics, etiquette, and online safety. These are important aspects of participating in today’s connected world.
Safe & Secure
Students will only be allowed to use their device under the direct supervision of their teacher. Any unauthorized use results in discipline of student. Parents will be asked to apply specific restrictions to each device, secured by a code that is not shared with students. Suggestions can be made for additional software that families may purchase and install if they feel the need for another layer of accountability. When used in the classroom, Apple classrooms allows teachers to view student screens and lock them as needed.